Search This Blog

Saturday, September 16, 2023

The third go-around!

Welcome back!  It seems I return to this idea every 4-5 years, and I'm glad to say we're getting back at it!  It's particularly interesting to see how what I find in the text changes at different stages in my life.  My first go-around on this was during a pretty tumultous period in my life when I suddenly my job suddenly got "restructured" out of existence.  The second year was during Trump's presidency, when ethical demands seemed to overwhelm many of the people I knew, including myself.  And now I own some property, am about to be married, and in a job that isn't going anywhere.  The politics of the moment feel less overwhelming, though as we're entering an election year it'll be interesting to see how that impacts this year's read.

I'm also eager to try some new approaches, so a few announcements first:

1.  I'm taking guest authors!  If you want to write about a chapter, let me know!
2.  I'm getting married late Oct and then we have a honeymoon the first half of Nov.  So the first few posts of this cycle will be shorter because I won't have the time and, for now, have no guest author dates set up.  I've decided to try a Talmudic format which will hopefully allow for insights even in a short amount of words.
3.  I'll be using ChatGPT quite a bit, partly due to reason #2 and partly cause I want to try to see how useful it can be.  I'll be putting rough estimates about how much of the final product was generated.


OK - see you all Sept 23rd, just a day after Bilbo and Frodo's big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment